A bright portrait-length prime lens, this 85mm f/1.8 from Opteka is designed for Canon EF-mount DSLR cameras. Its short telephoto focal length makes it ideally suited for portraiture applications, and the fast f/1.8 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field and also supports working in difficult lighting conditions. An HD Super Multi-Coating has also been applied to individual elements in order to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality when shooting in bright or backlit situations. Additionally, the manual focus design offers precise control over focusing position and a six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images.
- This 85mm f/1.8 prime portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, and is also suitable for use on APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers increased control over depth of field for selective focus techniques and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- HD Super Multi-Coating has been applied to control lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design offers smooth, precise focusing control down to 2.8', and the front lens group does not rotate while focusing to facilitate working with polarizing, graduated ND, and other rotational-dependent filter types.
- Six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- All-metal construction for enhanced durability and tactile response.